Wednesday, September 5
1. Do Now . . . All you have to do is watch this video!
2. Test: Matter
3. Go back to Page 4 and tape in the I Can statements.
4. Go to pages 2 and 3 and update your Table of Contents
5. Begin Atomic Structure Unit
a. Leave page 18 blank. We will eventually glue/tape in the I Can statements.
b. On page 19, make a title page for Unit 3: Atomic Structure and splash some color on it!
c. History of Atomic Theory Timeline.
- Fold in half (hot dog fold) and cut on the dotted lines to form 6 flaps
- On the outside flap glue or tape the scientists picture with name
- On the upper inside flap, glue/tape the dates in CHRONOLOGICAL order along with the description of each scientist's model of the atom.
- On the lower inside flap, glue/tape the picture that represents that scientist's atomic model
NOTE: You will need to research each scientist so you know which scientist came first, second, third, and so on. You will need to research each scientists atomic model so you will know where to glue/tape each piece.
6. Homework: NONE
September 7, 2018
1. Complete Atomic Theory Timeline . . . as I shared with you on Wednesday, you will receive 5-minutes to work on the assignment.
2. TED video clip. I will show this video clip during class.
3. Do Now
4. Protons, Electrons, Neutrons
5. Mass Number vs. Atomic Weight
6. HOMEWORK: Complete the PEN Practice Worksheet. Moved to our next class!
7. HOMEWORK #2: If you do NOT have the atomic theory timeline completed, you MUST have it DONE by the start of next class! I will not be able to give you additional time in class to complete this assignment.